“What do you put this in?” We get that question about Krampus a lot. We agree, at first glance, the bold flavor of Krampus can seem a little intimidating. Hopefully, after reading through our mini Krampus cocktail guide, you’ll have some fun drink ideas going forward. We’ve found we’re able to use Krampus in a wide range of cocktails.
Some helpful thoughts to keep in mind when using Krampus:
- It’s 55% ABV, so depending on how it’s used you could end up with one stiff cocktail.
- Honey, one of the main ingredients in Krampus, will act as a natural sweetener in any cocktail, so sometimes it’s necessary to dial back simple sugar ratios in standard cocktails if you’re using Krampus.
- It can tend to dominate the profile of most cocktails, so it’s all about getting ratios right.
Krampus goes amazing in almost everything hot!
Here’s some of our easy go-to favs
Mulled Cider & Krampus
- 6-8oz of apple cider warmed with mulling spices
- 1-2oz of Krampus
- .5 oz Shrub Farm Ginger & Hawaiin Chili Shrub for an extra kick! (optional)
Krampus Hot Toddy
- 2oz Krampus
- .5 oz honey
- .5 oz lemon juice
- 6-8oz of hot water
- Tea bag, such as black or earl gray tea (optional)
- Cinnamon stir stick to garnish
Krampus & Coffee
- Dark Roast Coffee
- Krampus to taste
- Bonus points for whipped cream on top
Tiki Style Cocktails
Krampus adds such a unique spice flavor that is often found in tiki cocktail ingredients. Here’s our take on how you can use it in your favorite tropical drinks.
Think Piña Colada?! - Add a float of Krampus on top of any piña colada! Mmmmm
Sub-out Allspice Dram for Krampus - Try it in a Lion’s Tail:
- 2 oz Bourbon
- .25 oz Krampus
- .5 oz lime juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- Garnish with an Orange Peel